Thursday, September 29, 2011

'Lion King' Brought Back for the Public

     On roflhusky's blog (http://klengineering.blogspot.com/) he talked about Disney rereleasing 'The Lion King' into theaters in 3D. He talks about the background of the story and how the plot was based off the classic, "Hamlet." Like him, I saw the Lion King when I was a few years old and I loved it instantly. I committed all the songs to memory and even find myself humming Hakuna Matata every so often.
     Although I never saw the other two movies, I only consider the Lion King to be a single, stand alone movie. The first movie was so captivating and emotional that any other sequel could not possibly be that good. Besides, the references made to the Lion King are usually towards the first movie because that is the most popular one and the most touching one of the series.
     The original Lion King was a movie my generation grow up with, and with it being rereleased into theaters, a lot of us would go back and see it, and if it was not for being away at school and lack of money, I most likely would have gone to see it to reconnect with some childhood memories. In my opinion, Lion King was one of their best choices to rerelease due to its massive following, it was probably one of their best animated movies, ever. In an attempt to gain new fans through the rerelease was a good idea because some parents will take their kids to the movie due to its affect on them. Then releasing it on DVD and BluRay will also help spread the distribution of the movie through the public and hopefully give another generation a movie they can connect with and help related the older generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment